Friday 17 June 2011

Asahi Super Dry




I am yet to drink a bad Japanese beer. Yebisu, Sapporo and Kirin are all great beers, and Asahi is no different.
A culture that prides itself on quality is important in the modern world of cost cutting and profit margins, but while their economy is rooted the Japanese still stick to their guns.

I've drunken many an Asahi accompanied by some Asian food, often Chinese strangely enough, but it's always a reliable partner. I actually drank this one with pizza and it felt it a bit strange to be honest.

It's basically a crisp, dry lager the like that you've probably come across before, but it is definately one of the better ones. I'd say that Kirin slightly has it though, not by much but I'd rate an Asahi a close 2nd.

The flavours are fairly unique and balanced, the crisp body and dry finish make it refereshing and it's a good pallate cleanser.

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment