Saturday 25 June 2011

Bridge Road Breweries BLING IPA




I must say, my experience with IPA's have been very hit and miss. None of them are amongst my favourites, and considering they were designed back in the day by the British to be shipped to India it's not really a surprise. They were packed full of hops and malt and extra alcohol so they would survive the journey. Since combustion engines have been invented the point is almost lost, and often they are like drinking a Mike Tyson cross.

That said, you do find some interesting ones, and I do like a full flavoured beer when done properly. The label states that they have 'thrown everything' at this beer, so I'm intrigued to try it. BRB makes some impressive beers.

This offering really does cement them amongst my top brewers now. Finding balance when using such an elevated amount of ingredients is no mean feat. It is really heavy on the hops and malt, but the flavours are great. The bitterness is very punchy and will put some people off, it's almost borderline for me even. All in all, it's a great IPA, one of the best I've had.

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment