Monday 20 June 2011

Samuel Adams Boston Lager




Whenever I see this beer I can't help but think of that Dave Chapelle skit with 'Samuel Jackson Beer!', if you haven't seen it here's a link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9-xeTLBcB4

I've been avoiding it up until now because it cost a whopping SIX DOLLARS per beer. That's on some Trappist Monk shit right there. And considering it's a Yank beer, I hadn't felt the motivation to dip into my pocket and try one.

However... at this point, I just need to find beers I haven't drunk yet!

Six bucks might still be a bit exorbitant, but I'll say this is hands down the best American beer I've drunk. The catch phrase is 'America's World Class Beer'. It's fitting, as it is a class act. It has a deep, but smooth almost ale like
flavour to it, but then slides into that bitter lager finish. Almost like a hybrid between the two. It has an alcoholic bite at the end despite it being a standard beer, but it isn't unpleasant.

So, as Dave says, SAMUEL ADAMS! IT'LL GET YOU DRUNK!

8.75/10

No comments:

Post a Comment