Saturday 11 June 2011

XXXX Summer Bright Lager




What can you say about XXXX really? Queensland's VB, except it tastes even worse.

As you can imagine... I really wasn't very upbeat about this one. It's one of the last remaining beers at my bottleshop
I haven't hit up yet.

Given my experience with XXXX up North... I really didn't hold high hopes for this one.

At the end of the day, it's not great. It's a tame, weak, watery lager that probably most Queenslander's find
offensive. But it isn't really a BAD beer either. It's another one of those sort of light, crisp lagers that is
very easy to drink, and as the title suggests, a 'summer beer'. This just isn't really a good example of one.

So bit of a boring one this one, but en route to 365 beers we're going to have to come across a few so hang in there
and hopefully there are some more interesting beers to come.

4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment