Saturday 12 November 2011

Murray's Angry Man Pale Ale



Apologies for the delay, I've been out of action with a bout of gastro and had to put the beer drinking on hold. I actually drank this one the night I got sick, and never got to upload it... I'll try and catch up with a few more beers over the weekend.

With such a crowded boutique beer market emerging, having a striking name will become increasingly important to lure in curious punters. Murray's are already on top of their game in this aspect, hosting a number of eye catching titles. Here we have the 'Angry Man' Pale Ale, sporting a boxing kagaroo duking it out with...what I presume to be an angry man. Rather than stick to one pale ale, Murray's actually have a few different feathers in this cap.

Angry Man pours a hazy light Brown, and to be honest looks fairly unasuming. Still... presentation isn't everything. The immediate flavour you get is of tropical fruits, most notably passionfruit, with an overidding spicyness. There's a late burst of hops before a dry bitter finish. It's almost like an adults version of a 'Pasito', if anyone grew up with that soft drink.

It reminds me a little of Stone & Wood's Pacific Ale. Then again it has been some time since I sampled one of those. The name of the beer is proving to be puzzling, as this beer is far from angry. Rather, it is as relaxed and laid back as Arj Barker with five cones under his belt. I can picture myself laid out on a deck chair on the beach knocking this back without a care in the world. I am the unangriest man on the planet right now while drinking this beer.

8.25/10

No comments:

Post a Comment