Monday 21 November 2011

Sierra Nevada Tumbler Brown Ale




I love these guys. Their Pale Ales are criminally thirst quenching and jam packed full of well balanced hops. I spotted this Brown Ale at the shop and was well stoked to give it a crack.

Speaking of crack, these beers should be in the same narcotic class. Despite being a deeper, darker style of ale the Tumbler is still effortlessly refreshing. It pours a deep auburn brown, but still with that trademark clean appearance. Sitting upon a base of crackling toasty burnt malts are smooth sweet caramels, with a nutty/toffee finish. If you get those ingredients on point, I can't see a why you could fail.

And on point they are. There is a definite pull on the reins in terms of hops, compared to this brewery's other offerings. This is not necessarily a bad thing as the balance is there as it is. A fair cry from their base crop, the Tumbler is a triumphant addition to the roster.

I am slightly concerned that after the effects of this substance wear off, that I will end up curled up in the corner of the room shaking uncontrollably fiending for my next hit. I feel like Tyrone Biggums... staring despondently at the now empty glass before me. Once this challenge is over and I can resume the life of a normal drinker, I will definitely grab a few sixers of SN from time to time.


8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment