Tuesday 20 December 2011

Ambar Cerveza Especial




There isn't a lot of information that can be found on this beer. Couldn't really find a lot of info online with a quick google, and the bottle is in Spanish. So the beer is Spanish, this is the most I have gathered. The beer pours a very unimpressive fizzy lager yellow, perhaps if anything slightly darker than usual. Like a Spaniard...really.

The taste is fairly basic. It's a mainstream lager. Lightly hopped, sweet malts, fizzy carbonation. It goes down pretty easy, as it's meant to. It would be a fine accompaniment to a meal under the sun in Madrid I guess. I'm trying to pad this out a bit here, because I really struggle to get excited about mass produced lagers nowadays.

So I'll keep this short and sweet. If this is what they are serving at the bar you're at in Spain, you can be rest assured that it is an acceptable lager and vanilla enough for almost anyone to drink.


4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment