Saturday 29 October 2011

Moo Brew Hefeweizen




I'm going to admit that I haven't given Moo Brew the credit they deserve so far. They are an impressively consistent brewery. None of their beers have really knocked my socks off, but they are all equally as solid as each other. I haven't found a weak spot in their roster yet.

Hefeweizens are great summer beers. They do however often employ feint streaks of banana in their flavour which doesn't work with me. There needs to be some other tools in the chest to win me over.

The body of this Hef is chunkier than Les Claypool's basslines. Many hefeweizens are light and sharp, and come at your tastebuds like a tazer. But sometimes you just feel like yelling, "Don't taze me bro!". Moo Brew heard our cries and whipped up this version... in a cement mixer.

Hefeweizen's have hardened the fuck up. It pours deep and cloudy. The flavours are rich, but cleansing at the same time. The aftertaste is hopped and lingers, it doesn't just fizzle away like a dodgy firework from Vic Market.

A very good interpretation. Wheat beers in general will never be my favourite but this is as good as they get.

7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment