Tuesday 4 October 2011

Paulaner Original Munich Lager




Ze Germans like to put together a fruity lager, and this offering from the famous Paulaner brewery has been put together in the same ilk. It's citrus based like a witbier, but lighter and cleaner in a lager sense.

It's fairly crisp but does have some weight behind it's body, more than you would expect. So what you get is some sweet and fruity tones, with your typical lager malts.

I actually forgot about this beer with a 1/4 of it left. I know. I was disappointed in myself as well. Then after it had warmed a little, it really struggled to perform. It's definitely one of those 'best served cold' beers. But then again, most beers are.

I reckon I would get a bit sick of it over time to be honest. I prefer the Paulaner Pils. This is a solid lager, much better than most Aussie mainstreamers, but on the world beer scale it's only a step or two past the 'average' line.


6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment