Tuesday 10 May 2011

3 Ravens American Pale Ale




This is an interesting beast. I'll be honest and say I'm not really sure what constitutes an 'American Ale' as most
yank beers are pissweak lagers. So I guess I was expecting... a pissweak ale?

Not so.

It's a mix n mash flavour overload. It has five different hops, mixed with barley, corn, wheat oats and rye according
to the bottle. There's no way you can individually pick out all of these ingredients though, the overall flavour is
just a wall of... beer.

It is now starting dawn on me as to why it's an American Pale Ale. Rather than a fine precision, well planned attack they've just decided to carpet bomb the fuck out the village. Including some friendly fire. What Americans do best.

It's not a bad beer, It's maybe a touch better than the English Ale but not by much.

7.25/10

No comments:

Post a Comment