Monday 2 May 2011

Storm Pale Ale


Here is the first edition of my 6 Beer Bali Special. I'm actually laid up at home now with Bali belly so I'll try and write these as best I can. The first was Storm Pale Ale, which I downed while waiting for our room to be ready. Storm is a local brewery. This was a light, fruity ale with a somewhat floral aftertaste. Sitting around palm trees in 35 degree humidity it was a fitting beverage. Strangely one of the listed ingredients was 'otter'. I have to say it could have been a bit colder, but I was soon to find that you can't really get an ice cold drink ANYWHERE over here. All in all, it was a good tropical summer beer

7.75/10

Bali travel tip #1

If you see white lines painted on the road, which look exactly like what we perceive to be a zebra crossing, you will soon find it not to be so. I have come to the conclusion that these are perhaps some form of indigenous street art that happen to resemble pedestrian zebra crossings. Stepping out on to these white lines does not encourage a vehicle to slow down or stop. They will just keep driving and expect you to get out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment