Thursday 5 May 2011

Holgate Mount Macedon Ale




After recovering from the infamous Bali Belly and returning to the land of the living, I am back on board the beer train! Full steam ahead!
After drinking Balinese lagers I felt like I needed something closer to my heart, an Aussie ale. So on the menu tonight
we have Holgate's Mount Macedon Ale. This is my first beer from this brewery, and given the price tag on the beer
I had simlarly high expectations.

They were met.

This is a malt based ale with a pleasant caramel like flavour to it that then lightens into a bitter aftertaste. It's
all good. It is well balanced, unique and just an all round nice beer to drink.

There a few others from these guys at my bottleo, but at about 5 bucks a pop they're a hard sell. After this one though
I'll have to peruse their other offerings.

8.75/10

No comments:

Post a Comment