Monday 2 May 2011

San Miguel


Meh. Nothing special here. This is a run of the mill pale lager. I will admit I drank this very quickly before heading to the airport because I forgot I even bought it. I didn't really give it the time of day, maybe that effected the review but I won't lose sleep if I never drink another one

5/10

Bali travel tip #7

When at the markets and stalls, barter like a bowss. The Balinese are epic highballers and will throw out some outrage prices in the face of what they really would sell their wares for. I found on average you should probably pay somewhere between 25 - 50% max from the initial price they quote you.

They enjoy the bartering and it's good to add some theatrics to it and play it up, if you start to walk away they'll grab you and try to keep it going.

For example I bought a bunch of basketball jerseys and the guy wanted over 2 million rupiah for them! In the end I got them for 400,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment