Monday 23 May 2011

Efes




Continuing the current run of boring beers, up next is a Turkish Pilsner named Efes. If I'm not mistaken this is
the first Turkish beer I've drunk. From the land that brought us the most awesome beer food on the planet, kebabs,
I was hoping to find a tasty companion in this beverage.

Not to be.

It's quite a non impressive Pilsner really. I've never really been blown away by Pilsners as they are by nature
tame and watery beers, but Efes doesn't really bring any good flavours to the table at all.

It has that typical clean opening, then when the Pilsner hoppyness came in the middle, it was pretty meh.

Pass.

Given I'm now well into the 100+ mark, it's getting harder to impress me and the scoring might start reflecting that,
I guess the earlier beers got a good run in that regard.

4.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment