Monday 2 May 2011

Bali Hai


This is similar to Anker, but better. It's a more smoother, refined lager. It has more weight on the malt side of the flavour and has a balanced, clean after taste. It's pretty easy drinking. I'd say if you just want a normal beer, and not one of the more interesting Storm ales, then Bali Hai and Bintang are the way to go.

7.25/10

Bali travel tip #6

Try and venture out of your comfort zone. I cringed at seeing (often obese) white tourists walking around with Starbucks and Burger King. You're in Indonesia for christ's sake try the local fare. You can sometimes roll the dice, and I did end up with Bali belly when I arrived home but still don't regret it. Eat the local food, with the local people and live a little. The best food I had was at a place called Mai Mai's in Nusa Dua, Ganesha in Jimbaran Bay and from carts on the side of the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment