Saturday 30 July 2011

Barossa Valley Brewing Bee Sting




To make things difficult, I think a label has come off this beer? It just says Barossa Valley Brewing on it... it's not the organic ale I had earlier that's for sure. After checking the bottle it says it has Orange Blossom honey in it and on
their website their other beer is labelled 'Bee Sting'... so through an ingenious method of deduction I have concluded that this is indeed the beer I am drinking.

So...a honey beer...meh.

I really don't see why so many breweries persist with this. It just doesn't work. I don't find that honey blends properly with the hops and yeast and malt etc...to make a nice drink. Beer is not sweet, it is savoury. I actually find that the honey muddies the other flavours that really make a beer a beer.

To summarise, 'Bee Sting' beers are about as exciting as bee sting tits.

5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment