Tuesday 12 July 2011

Sunshine Coast Brewery Chilli Beer




Let me get this on record first, I love chilli. I put it on everything, to the point where I have actually been told by medical professionals that I need to cut down on my consumption of it.

This being said, I still wasn't really that excited about this beer. Why?

Because it's a beer.

I'm not into novelty chilli. Things like Chilli ice cream and chilli chocolate etc... the first couple of tastes you think "oooh this is different" but the novelty very quickly wears off and you'd rather just have the normal variety.

It's the same with this beer. It's a Pale Ale with a whole birds eye chilli IN THE BOTTLE. So with each swig the chilli sticks in the neck of the bottle as the beer washes through it.

The problem is it sticks out and sometimes jabs into your mouth and the whole experience is a bit uncomfortable and a pain in the ass. A 'spicy' beer also just isn't really what I'm after. I'm eating dinner, and I want refresh my pallette with a sip of beer... I don't really want a chilli firing out of the bottle.

So personally I'm not into it, I want a beer to be refreshing, not hot and uncomfortable.

3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment