Sunday 31 July 2011

Burleigh Brewing Co HEF




This cloudy golden Hefeweizen is from BBC, whose Pale Ale recently knocked my socks off. Wheat beers sit about mid range

for me, don't love them, don't hate them - so was definitely curious as to how this would go. They are generally light but fragrant and flavourful affairs, that sometimes go a bit too far and end up off balance.

This gem however has the balance of a tight rope walker. Vibrant citrusy/fruit flavours with just a touch of bitterness and crispness. It's just too easy. It's dangerously smooth.

While fruity beers will never sit right atop my pyramid of brews, this is as close as they are ever going to get. This is one of the best wheat beers I've drunk. It has the same base elements but still leaves an original groove. Good drinking. Definitely swung above it's weight, like Hef himself.

The next time I'm up on the Gold Coast I'll be picking up some more of BBC's beers.

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment