Sunday 3 July 2011

Cascade Pale Ale




I was quite interested to see this on the shelves, as you don't often see an ale from one of the big breweries in Australia. I would assume Cascade had Coopers in their cross hairs when they decided to release an ale. I didn't really expect it to bring the house down, but was definately hoping it was a better beer than your normal Cascade Lager.

And it is.

In the whole scheme of things, you would normally consider it a pretty average ale, but it is good to see some of the mass producers straying away from the same old boring bitter Aussie lagers. It has a good body of flavour, and is very easy to drink. It's basic, but that was always what you were going to get.

After reading the label I've just discovered it's been around since 1832... still, this is the first I've seen of it!

6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment