Monday 18 July 2011

Feral Golden Ace




Swan Valley's 'Feral' gave us a decent wheat beer, and up next we have their version of a Golden Ale. Generally speaking Golden Ales are a favourite of mine so we'll find out how they measure up with the 'Golden Ace'.

It's a touch drier then your normal golden ale and it has a lemon zest to it aswell, it isn't so strong that you get socked in the face with it but enough to sit up and notice. At first I was tolerant, but the more I drank the beer the less I favoured this approach.

The dryness and crispness is fine, the bitter lemon throws it a bit out. Only slightly, but for my tastes it's costing them a few points.

My review might be a bit slanted, because I don't mind the beer, but in comparison with a lot of other Golden Ales it doesn't exactly capture my tastebuds. This is of course personal opinion.

6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment