Thursday 21 July 2011

Red Seal Ale




Today I'm bustin a cap off another red ale. There's some East Coast West Coast shit going on up in here. After yesterady's red ale from New York, we have a red ale from California to line it up against.

It's another handcrafted microbrewery, so the heritage is similar.

I always like to see a winner in a contest, a draw is always such an empty feeling, but I can't split these two. They are both very solid red ales. The Red Seal Ale is maybe slightly heavier, but just as good in it's own way.

I think it's horses for courses, the Wicked Ale was a touch smoother whereas the Red Seal is deeper and slightly more bitter. So depending on your tastes, certain people might sway different ways. I like them both, so it's another 8.

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment