Wednesday 6 July 2011

Murray's Nirvana Pale Ale




Wow this is one spicy meatball! I started drinking it before I read the label and was quite thrown off. It's a mildly bitter pale ale that has this spicy bite to it which can catch you unaware.

It describes itself as a hybrid american/english ale with a spicy/citrusy aroma, and claims it is 'divine with spicy food'. I don't know if it was the bottle I opened but it seemed extremely highly carbonated, it overflowed a bit when I opened it and each mouthful has like an explosion of gas in your mouth. I'm assuming it got shaken up a bit in the car perhaps? But I did buy it on Sunday which seems a bit strange.

It's kinda like some Willy Wonka shit going on here, what a strange beer.

Flavour wise, it's quite interesting. You get the citrusy kick with a bit of a toffee style flavour through it aswell. The American/English mix makes sense, it's just strange when through the bitterness and chilli-like spice effect on top.

I guess I applaud the audacity and originality, but it's hard to see a reason to buy a six pack of these and knock them back. If you're a beer geek though it's probably one to try.

7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment