Saturday 30 July 2011

Pike's Oakbank Pilsner




Hmmm... green bottle...clear looking watery Pilsner... I've seen this before somewhere. I can't really say I was brimming with excitement when this was the bottle I plucked out of the fridge.

It's pretty clean and sharp, but maybe a bit rougher than your average Pilsner. Imagine Pierce Brosnan, in a tux, but unshaven for 3 days.

The fallout for me with these beers is always around the flavour, or lack thereof. It just seems to be this battle as to who can make the cleanest, crispest beer as opposed to who can make the most creative, flavourful beer. I'm just at this stage now where I don't see the point with some of these Pilsners. They are all pretty much the exact same framework, with some minute differences in delivery. Like banks. And telcos. And insurance companies. You catch my drift.

I am officially jaded with Pilsners.

This is easy to knock back, but just really, really boring.

5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment