Wednesday 20 July 2011

Pete's Wicked Ale




To change the pace up a bit, we have a red ale from New York up next. The marketing garb is a bit of a wank on the bottle and insists it will 'stir up an urge to let loose'. Most American beers I've tried seem to hold back a fair bit, but Pete clearly does not fall in to that category.

I've never been that big on Red Ales I'll admit, but this is definately one of the better ones I've come across. It has a deep malty flavour with a hoppy, bitter aftertaste. I'd say it's smoother and better balanced than the odd red ale I've had in the past, that being said though I haven't had a lot of them.

You can also have two experiences with this beer, if you wash it down quickly it's a very smooth drink, if you let it sit briefly then get a deeper, heavier flavour. Pretty solid, probably the best red ale I've had to date.

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment