Thursday 28 July 2011

Matilda Bay Redback




I have to give props to the Matilda Bay Brewery for brewing such a variety of different beers. While they might not reach the heights of Little Creatures or James Squire, their beers are all individuals with their own character.

This is their take on a wheat beer, and the flavour is deep. Most good wheat beers are, but this one would even raise an eyebrow or two in Belgium. You do have to be in the mood for such a beer, and it didn't exactly meld with my home cooked flathead, but I still respect it.

It's probably not a session beer, but it's a big flavoured wheat beer that is great on a summers day. I normally prefer it in a different environment than tonight, but won't let that deteriorate the score. Wheat beers aren't always my thing but
this is a good one.

7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment