Saturday 30 July 2011

Burleigh Brewing Co 28 '70s Style Pale Ale'




Get out your bellbottoms and roll up a fat one, we're taking a trip back in time with this 70s style Pale Ale from Burleigh Brewing Co in Queensland. Really though, I have no idea what a 70s style Pale Ale means...so lets dig in.

Man I was not around in the 70s to drink their beers but I'm starting to wish I was! I was really in the mood for a good pale ale so I don't know if that's adding to the effect, but this is an absolute bullseye. The journey down the rabbit hole is crisp and lightly hopped, with a malty caramel streak through it. Everything is fairly well balanced, and it's one of those beers that leaves you still wanting more when you hit the bottom of the bottle.

It's both big and subtle in the right areas, would be a killer summer drop and I'll definitely revisit this at some point.

Far out man.

8.75/10

No comments:

Post a Comment