Tuesday 9 August 2011

Boatrocker Hopp Bier




Dear Eastern Europe - Land of the Pilsner,

Please take note.

Beer does not need to be bland and watery.

It does not need to taste like a glass of wineral water that has just been urinated in.

It IS possible to balance a beer's intial and aftertaste.

Hops are generally a vital ingredient in a good beer, use them.

Yours Truly,
Me

This is one of the better Pilsners I've drunk. It's has a lightly hopped, smooth citrusy beginning that fades into a very tame bitter finish. It's not the world's most exciting journey, but it is a positive one nonetheless. It is an interesting beer amongst a genre I find horribly boring.

Would be a great summer beer. I remember a beer called 'Alpha Queen' from these guys I used to love but haven't seen it for well over a year. Hopefully I stumble across it again.

7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment