Wednesday 17 August 2011

Mildura Brewery Honey Wheat




The next member of Mildura Brewery's entourage of brown bottled beverages is a honey wheat beer. I don't really like honey beers, and wheat beers are hit and miss so expectations are low.

This particular honey beer has fruity tones and a sweet spark to it. The honey element lacks that strange aftertaste that some other honey beers have. I like this better than the Bee Sting off memory. I haven't had a Beez Neez in ages, so this might be my favourite honey beer at this point.

It is very easy to drink, I could absolutely annihilate these on a sweltering summer day with some snags around a barby. There's not heaps of depth, but they are smooth, balanced and the sweetness is not overbearing.

Amongst the hive of honey beers, this is a bit more than just another drone.


6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment