Thursday 18 August 2011

Hahn White




This beer suggests I drink it with a slice of orange.

No.

I know this is a wheat beer kind of thing...but really...a slice of orange? In a beer? If I am missing out on something amazing here somebody tell me but otherwise I'm just gonna crack the top and drink it like a man.

It's quite clear that the marketing department has been all up in this one, as it is a 'low carb beer'. But hang on a minute... wasn't this a wheat beer? A low carb wheat beer? That's kind of like beer's version of the healthy choice menu at McDonalds. What's the point?

It's like they are trying to aim the crosshairs at people who like to drink, but are watching their waist... but also trying to muscle in on the current craft beer explosion at the same time. I don't really know many beer aficionados who are trying to cut down on 'carbs'. But anyway...

I really try and not have a stigma towards mainstream brewers, as I have become somewhat of a beer snob, but they all taste so watery compared to craft beers. This is pretty much the same. It does have the attributes of a Belgian wheat beer... coriander and citrus, effervescent carbonation... but it feels like you've spilled your beer into a bucket of water but then strangely decided to just drink the bucket anyway.

A poor man's wheat beer. Good on a summer's day probably if the bottleo is sold out of everything else.

3.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment