Wednesday 17 August 2011

Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA




I hereby, on record, take back every bad thing I've ever said about American beers. I judged them mainly on their mainstream beers which is like judging rock music on Limp Bizkit and Hip Hop on Lil Wayne. Anyone who'd only drunk a Fosters or Draught would probably think we were a bunch of numb nuts when it came to beer as well. I hope that my cardinal sin will one day be forgiven.

This is brilliant. There is more fucking hops in this beer than during rabbit mating season. (See what I did there?). The initial taste explodes in your mouth, your tastebuds and nostrils filled with pine and bursts of fruit before a shotgun blast of bitter hop buck shot peppers your tongue.

The freshness and depth of the flavour is staggering, and normally a bitter aftertaste this strong can push me away but all it does is make you want to get the previous flavour back, so you take another swill. It's a 7.2% alcohol beer and you'll polish it off in about 37 seconds. You wouldn't even notice.

Best IPA I've ever drunk, hands down.

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment