Tuesday 9 August 2011

Red Hill Golden Ale




Red Hill.

As a very young child my only memory of Red Hill is driving there with a mate to his parent's holiday house, and on the way we got in a car accident that almost sent me head first through a window.

That's unfortunately what comes to mind whenever I hear 'Red Hill'.

But lets not dwell in the dreary past! For before me is a very light cloudy ale with a zesty, vibrance to it's body. It fizzes and tingles on your tongue, not in a cheap euro pilsner way, this is actually enjoyable. The flavours are quite subdued but have a spark to them that is quite unique.

It's almost not a beer!

It's light on the hops and malt, and fizzy and effervesent and almost...tangy. Almost like someone dropped a fruit tingle in my beer.

A very strange, but interesting beast. It's not my thing I have to say, it's not what I'm after in a beer... but still, kudos. It's creative at least.

7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment