Tuesday 23 August 2011

Sierra Nevada Kellerweis




If I was stranded in the desert, there isn't much I would rather stumble upon than a Sierra Nevada beer. They are relentless destructors of thirstiness. So clean and refreshing, yet exploding with flavour. Quite often with beer you get one or the other. Often the 'clean' and 'crisp' beers are flavourless pilsners, and the flavour monsters are heavy and bitter.

These beers are harmoniously balanced. The flavours are big, the hops are bitter, the feel is solid and refreshing. I can't say a bad word. Sierra Nevada are world class.

I'm not that big on wheat beers. They are all a bit samey samey and there's only so far that they can take me. This is a very solid one nonetheless. I am more impressed right now by this breweries' overall stable than just this one beer.

If you like wheat beers, you'll enjoy this offering. Otherwise, make sure you try some of their other beers before you leave this planet.

7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment