Monday 8 August 2011

Hargreave's Hill Hefeweizen





Most Hefeweizen's are enjoyable... but they work along a very fine spectrum. There isn't heaps of variety, and given that I am not an enthusiast it's hard to stay interested during this long haul. At first I really didn't rate this beer... as I wasn't really in the mood for a wheat beer and it wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

But then, after giving it some time to sink in, I decided that would be too harsh. At the end of the day, it is a good quality Hef.

The beer does look great, it's a cloudy yellow colour with a thick, creamy head. It's appearance is far superior to most beers you pour into a glass, but I am a man after substance rather than appearance when it comes to quenching my thirst. Anyone can polish themselves up to look appealing through a beer glass, and often all you are waking up to is a stain on the pillow and a pit full of regret.

Luckily, this unit backs ups its looks with some character. I imagine that on a hot summer's day, sitting in a beer garden holding a frosted pint of this beer is a pretty damn good place to be.

7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment