Saturday 13 August 2011

Wychcraft Blonde Beer




After dabbling in some Satanism I figured it wouldn't hurt to try some Wicca while I'm at it.

This is a UK beer with some fairly creative packaging from it's brewers. The bottle has witches on broomsticks pressed into the glass and a bit of fun labelling to boot.

I'm gonna be honest I don't even really know what 'Blonde' beer means, so I'm just gonna freestyle this as best I can.

It's 'thrice hopped' according to the label, and while hops are present I'm not really feeling a triple threat. It's rather citrusy, which I'm not always big on, but it goes alright in this instance.

It's also a bit...yeasty...if that makes sense. Kind of like...bread... with hops and citrus on it. Or something. A unique sandwich if I've ever heard one. The malts are tame so it's really the hops and citrus that hold down the fort, the only other flavour I can perhaps pick up on is eye of newt.

I wouldn't say this beer has cast a spell over me, but it's certainly not bad enough to be burnt at the stake. I'd say it's a slightly above average beer based on my own tastes, but I can see why some people would get into it.

6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment