Sunday 28 August 2011

Pacifico Clara



Mexicans make some of most awesome food in the world, that of which is especially enjoyable after a few drinks. They are also the providers of Tequila, one of the great spirits of the world. Most likely also one of the main reasons Mexico has an extremely high birth rate.

Why oh why can't they brew a good beer then? I'm yet to taste one anyway. I'm sure I'm likely not looking in the right places but if there is a ripsnorting Mexican beer out there, of el grande burrito levels of dopeness, someone tell me!

This is watery, almost flavourless, with stinging carbonation. Very similar to your standard Mexican lager, slightly more hoppy, but still faintly flavoured.

Still, different mindstates, environments, and foods can alter the experience of drinking a beer.

If I was sitting on a beach in Mexico, under the sun, munching on a quesadilla, this would probably be hitting the spot right now.

As I am on a couch in Melbourne however, it isn't.

3.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment