Monday 12 September 2011

Brew Dog Trashy Blonde



After my second Brew Dog, I'm guessing that the long bitter hop finish is something they stamp on their beers. The bitter finish leaves you feinding for your next hit, when combined with the moderate body making it a great summer beer. In one mind quenched, in the other dying of dehydration... a paradox that can make a beer disappear within seconds. Brew Dog do watch their weight a bit more than some of the more heavy set craft beers, bringing a jab of flavour, but certainly not a left hook.

The marketer's describe it as a 'statuesque fruity ale'. It is definitely fruity, but not overly packed with citrus like some other 'fruity' beers. It's sweet and biscuity and just 'generically' fruity. I can't really pinpoint something that stands up head and shoulders above the rest, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I don't generally like being shot in the face with an orange or lemon, or something of the like.

It's a very good beer, at first I was being critical within my own mind at the slight lack of punch or bravado that put it up with the best. But as I finished the bottle, I did realise how quickly it went down and how I'd love another one.

They are very easy to drink. So I warn that a night out on THE trashy blondes could end up with you on A trashy blonde.

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment