Thursday 15 September 2011

Stone Levitation Ale




After the glorious success of Stone's IPA, I thought it a safe bet to get into another one off their roster. This is the 'Levitation' ale, and according to the
bottle it wears a 2007 Gold Medal from the American Beer Awards. I'm not too familiar with what type of ale this is, as 'levitation' is a bit of a vague reference to make to a beer.

The 'Levitation Ale' has a sweet caramely texture to it, with some citrus bursts. The flavours are as smooth as James Brown after a waxing appointment, and the feel is solid enough to remain crisp, but certainly not watery. The beer then finishes with a longer dry spell than a Vatican City nun. It is reminiscent of some American style Pale Ales I've had so I'm guessing that is the steez it is repping, although it could also qualify as an Amber Ale.

I wasn't as thrown back as when I got slammed by the IPA, and this would only be on the fringe of the best APA's I've drunk. That being said, this is still nothing to shirk at. This is a very good beer.

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment