Wednesday 14 September 2011

Stone IPA




This beer was recommended to me by one of the guys in Acland Cellars. From a shop that stocks over 500 beers (they claim), that is a fairly sizeable recommendation.
Stones is based in California, which I am discovering boasts some pretty serious micro breweries. I am extremely late to the US craft scene and am thoroughly enjoying my virtual treck through their beer havens, from the comfort of my leather recliner.

After the bottlecap had been tossed aside, amidst lifting this beer to my mouth I was socked in the face by a striking aroma of hops. I have never been sucker punched like this before. This is the Campbell Brown of beers. I literally pulled back in mild shock at this feisty customer that had just leapt out of it's glass housing.

The body is slick and clean, with a near perfect weight to it. There are well balanced citrus and fruits, before an unimaginable hop laded landslide engulfs your tastebuds leaving them gasping for more. At 6.9%, the balance is astonishing. The pouding bitterness seems to hammer down the alcoholic bite, making this high volume beer sessionable enough to cause a serious threat to your liver's wellbeing.

One of the best stand alone beers I've drunk I would say. Well spotted beer shop guy.

9.25/10

No comments:

Post a Comment