Sunday 4 September 2011

Lobethal Bierhaus Bohemian Philsner




The Pilsner game done changed.

Take everything you knew about the European Pilsner and throw it out the window.

Maybe I've been sleeping under a rock and this is just the style, but this 'Bohemian' Pilsner (named Phil-sner after one of the brewers) is from another planet.

It's body is dense and far from watery. It has a sweet maltyness to it, somewhat reminscent of a Belgian Trappist beer, before a bitter Lager hop finish.

I'm not sure if I've had a Bohemian Pilsner before, none that have openly advertised it anyway. I've had Czech Pilsners, the modern incarnation of the term 'Bohemian', but nothing has matched this South Australian interpretation. This is my type of Pilsner. This is awesome. It's deep and spicy and everything a normal Pilsner isn't.

A new world has been discovered. As others before me... like those who deserted their homeland for the pursuit of new riches, the Columbuses, Cooks, and Abletts.

The Bohemian Pilsner.

Win.

8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment