Wednesday 20 April 2011

Boston's Mill Pale Ale


I'd never actually heard of this one before, and it's a local beer. Apparently John Boston started brewing beer with the grain from his mill around the times of the settlers according to bottle, I wonder where he's been hiding all this time? Seeing as his brewery has been underground for 200 years and most people have never heard it, this may well be the choice beer of hipsters. If this blog becomes famous they will be sure to let you know they were drinking it years ago.

This was a vibrant pale ale with the fruity tinge to it but also a caramel like flavour to it. It was pretty damn good I must say. I do like a good pale ale, and
this was right up my alley. If I ever stumble across it, perhaps if I'm ever in Fitzroy, I'll definitely down another one.

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment