Sunday 17 April 2011

Innis and Gunn



This beer talks some big game. This is like the Allen Iversen of beers. It is a Scottish oak aged beer. It brags about
it's painstaking crafting process on the back of the bottle, and claims to have aromas of vanilla and toffee with a mild
oak finish that stems from hand selected barrels. I was impressed by this because personally, when I need to buy a barrel
I usually send the cat out to pick them up rather than go myself.

The vanilla tone to it is present, the toffee element not so much maybe in a very mild sense. To be honest given all the
braggadocio the flavour is probly tamer than I expected. It has a little sting in it's tail due to the aging process
that brings the alcohol content up to 6.6%.

It's a tough one to review... because all in all it's probly not exactly my type of thing. And it's definitely not
something you'd want to drink over and over, but it is a good beer drinking experience. It's an original, small batch
beer that doesn't really follow a trend.

7.75/10

No comments:

Post a Comment