Sunday 17 April 2011

Jamieson Raspberry Ale



Well this one is a doozy. I'm not really a fan of messing with the genetics of beer to this extent.
You might end up getting yourself into trouble down the line that you didn't originally foresee.
Kind of like investing in GM Crops, cloning animals, or navigating certain nightclubs in Thailand.

I've had those Carlton Lime and Lemon fusion beer things and they are a joke. It's basically like a bloody UDL! It's
not beer! Sacrilege! So I was apprehensive to try this so called Raspberry Ale.

At the end of the day though... it's not that bad. It's toeing a very fine line, but walks it carefully.
The initial flavour surprised me, the raspberry flavour is quite strong but it does soon fade into a bitter,
hoppy aftertaste that hangs around for some time. You're left with more of a beer taste in the long run.

I can't really see myself getting into this beer, but as a once off, it was decent. It's still a beer I suppose, but only just.

7.25/10

No comments:

Post a Comment