Sunday 17 April 2011

Matilda Bay Big Helga



I've had the redback and a wheat beer from these guys before and they were pretty good, my bottleo has stopped stocking
them for some reason. I found this at an IGA surprisingly. It describes itself as a 'Dry Munich Style Lager'.

I have to say, this is pretty impressive. I tend to lean towards ales over lagers as they have more flavour and they
tend be more diverse.

This is a GREAT lager. It boasts about its natural ingredients and whatever they've used is a great mix. The flavour
is not overbearing, but still strong and balanced and the traditional bitter aftertaste is not too subtle, and not too
strong.

There's not really much else to say about it, but if you do come across it give it a try. It's amongst the best lagers
I've drunk.

8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment